Thursday, September 23, 2010

Heritage Alum

It's officially been one year since I've interned at The Heritage Foundation and I was ecstatic to be invited to their annual Heritage Alumni event. Last night was an amazing time full of reuniting with former colleagues and most importantly the oh so wonderful food and drinks Heritage is known to always have present at their events!

The event took place on the rooftop of the Heritage building located in NW D.C. and has a beautiful view of the Capital and Washington Monument. The town was glowing from the rooftop at night and I wish I had taken a picture to share.

I was greeted by my fellow colleagues from my department from when I was at Heritage. My supervisor, Becky and Matt were a few of the first I ran in to and it was filled with silly little school girl screams and hugs - it was awesome lol. I could not get over Matt who's hair was longer than I was use to and he resembled Clark Kent for the entire night minus the glasses that I had to tease him a little here and there. :)

Ed Feulner, the founder of the Heritage Foundation was in my elevator going up to the rooftop which immediatley had me think of my first week as an intern and how in awe I was to be in the same elevator with the founder as an intern.

Other interns from my class were also present at the event and everyone had new things to fill me in on. One individual had just recently gotten engaged, another recently married, others had gone on to Heritage's new building closer to the Capital, those who had jobs at the conclusion of our internship had switched jobs - everyone had something new going on in their life.

It was a great night that had me reminiscing on my times with Heritage and missing the environment I once had. I cannot wait to return for the next alumni event next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment